- Prepares FCC 73.207 spacing studies for all commercial FM channels and displays them
in both grid and map form.
- A scaled, color-coded, map clearly shows all relevant stations in the vicinity while
the colors tell you if their spacings overlap your location, are close, or are clear.
Spacing rings can be filled to highlight clear areas.
- rfDetective-FM's map display
can also show each station by its relative frequency. Co-channel, adjacent
channels, intermediate frequencies, and TV channel 6 are each color-coded.
- States, counties, cities, and lat/lon lines can be displayed
to help you decide where to locate your facilities.
- rfDetective-FM can
automatically search for channel openings at your target location.
- The simple search lets you examine the FCC database by call sign, owner, city, state
or any combination. Partial inputs and wildcards can be used.
- rfDetective-FM's advanced
SQL search allows you to search the database by any of the more than 50 FCC fields.
Partial inputs can be used to broaden your searches.
- Change the evaluation point to any place on the screen by double clicking the map.
Your job is instantly recalculated to show you the overlaps at that exact spot. New
jobs can be compiled from any spot on the map.
- Instantly change your search class or channel by mouse click or direct entry.
- Can display AM radio stations. Draws a 0.8 km ring around non-directional and a 3.2 km
ring around directional stations to help you avoid unnecessary construction costs. The AM
display can be toggled on or off.
- rfDetective-FM displays a
running readout of the mouse position by both latitude and longitude as well as distance
and bearing from the map center.
- Instantly measure the distance and bearing between any two points on the map.
Snap-to-station function makes it simple to accurately tell the distance and
bearing between any two stations.
- Allows for speculative 'What-If' scenarios by giving you the ability to hide and
unhide stations and to make additions, deletions, or corrections to your job.
- Make additions, deletions or corrections to the FCC database which are
remembered when you update to a newer database.
- rfDetective-FM can look at
licensed stations, construction permits, vacant channels, etc. Select just one or as
many as you want.
- Add descriptive map Markers to your job or FCC database.
- Major functions can be called from buttons, hot keys or by right clicking on the map
or grid display.
- Grids are sorted by worst overlap by default, but can be resorted in ascending or
descending order by any field with the right click of the mouse.
- Includes rules for Class C0 (zero), low power FM stations and Channel 6
- Considers rules for stations in proximity to the Mexican and Canadian borders.
- rfDetective-FM includes
rules for domestic and international 3kW class A stations.
- Includes rules for Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Product specifications subject to change without notice.